Master Your Mind
Communicate From Your Heart
- Shiny Unsal
Shiny Unsal Bio
Global Award-Winning NLP, Mindset & Coach Trainer / International Author / Motivational Speaker / Leadership Professor at UCLA Extension / ICF Master Certified Coach (MCC)™
Shiny Burcu Unsal is the Global Award-Winning Creator of Neuro-Shine Technology™, a 40 Under 40 Most Influential Award Recipient, a Licensed Trainer of Neuro-Linguistic Programming®, one of the only 530 ICF Master Certified Coaches in US, an ICF Accredited Professional Coach Trainer and a seasoned Communication & Leadership Expert. She's committed to helping people combine the power of their mind with the wisdom of their heart to maximize their true potential and make their difference in the world.
She is the Founder of the Academy of Neuro-Shine Technology™, the Author of “YOU ARE A STAR! SHINE!” and a top-rated Professor at UCLA Extension, teaching Leadership Communication Strategies and Emotional Intelligence, since 2012.
Born and raised in a small town in Turkey and driven by a desire for bigger achievements, she left her advertising career in Turkey and started her American Dream in 2004 in Los Angeles. After losing her father to a shocking heart attack in 2006, Shiny embarked on a journey that traveled deep within, searching for her truth and purpose. Today, after 20,000 hours of training, Shiny is a voice for enlightenment, courage and positive energy, teaching the skills and technology for personal transformation with love and oneness.
Since 2011, she's trained over 5,000 people, personally certified over 450 coaches in 39 countries and her videos've been viewed over 300,000 times on YouTube. She's an official member of the Forbes Coaches Council and a Motivational Speaker with a unique, high positive energy, having shared the stage with the best in the world, like Brendon Burchard, Les Brown, Gary Vee and Jay Abraham. Having reached 6 continents with her trainings, she's been also featured on CNN Turk, CBS, Hay House Radio, Forbes.com, Huffington Post and multiple TV channels, magazines and podcast interviews.
Shiny takes personal pride in transforming her own mother from “a miserable widow/retired teacher,” into an inspiring Neuro-Shine Technology enthusiast and trainer who actively gives seminars in her hometown in Turkey—after the age of 60! She's also proud to have graduated hundreds of international professionals from the Leadership Communication Strategies course she teaches at UCLA Extension, developing modern leaders who own their unique voice, using her “YOU ARE A STAR! SHINE!” as the textbook for her class.
Shiny has received degrees from METU (Turkey’s MIT), UCLA, Harvard Business School and the University of Metaphysics. Prior to owning her mission to create shiny minds, she worked in the corporate world for a decade, managing award-winning campaigns for Fortune 500 brands like Coca Cola, Kotex, BP and AVON while at multinational advertising agencies like Ogilvy and McCann Erickson. From her personal transformation experience creating her dream life, she wholeheartedly believes in leading humanity forward and making people shine with her state-of-the art, truth-based success methodology: Neuro-Shine Technology™, a blend of deep, truthful coaching, structured NLP thought strategies, neuroscience and quantum physics. It's also the reason she changed her name to Shiny, which represents her enlightenment and the potential cosmic brilliance of every human mind when it’s coherent with the magical heart. Her message to the world is: "Master Your Mind and Communicate From Your Heart."
SHE'S A FIREBALL!
"Shiny, I love your energy! I love what you do! Shiny is the happiest person I know! With her high energy and her star stickers she puts on people's faces, she always brings the joy! She also knows how to ask the right questions and take actions. I believe in her."
~ BRENDON BURCHARD (When attending WGST and speaking on his stage, Santa Clara/2016)
"She is a high energy, go-getter, success meets fulfillment personality. She knows how to create change, including her own. She even changed her name to "Shiny" when she recreated her new life with her new mindset and her new identity! What does it tell you? She is a great example of being amazing, and I know she's gonna kick ass in business!"
~ TONY ROBBINS (When attending Business Mastery in London/2016)
"Shiny, I love your energy! I love your name: Shiny! Give me one of your stars and lets pose with your book! I know how hard it is to write a book and I see that you have done an amazing job! I am so proud of you, our world needs a powerful female thought leader just like you! I look forward to inspiring the world on the same stage with you!"
~ RANDI ZUCKERBERG (When interviewing her, New York/2017)
My Teachers and Inspirations
Fun Facts About Me
- I can make a split with both of my legs! ;)
- I have a passion for stages and microphone since the age of 4!
- I play guitar and I'm a pretty good singer ;)
- I had a baby goat named "fancy" when I was 6 :)
- My nickname was “Pollyanna” in high school
- I was an awarded poet when I was 14!
- I had my own radio show at the age of 17!
- My uncle left home on a donkey when he was 12, got stuck in a ship in Casablanca during WW2 and graduated from MIT
- I have 11 different colors of wigs that I wore speaking on stages ;)
- I have 1 bronze in running and 2 gold medals in basketball
- I was in both the step-dance and the basketball team in college
- I traveled to 26 countries and lived in 4 of them
- I'm an ENTJ-A, Enneagram #8/7, Brain type 1, Double Pisces, Numerology life path #4, EQ score of 97, IQ score of 149, with a driving force to be unique and make a difference in this world
- My YouTube Channel is called Shiny Minds Show!
- And yes, I love taking selfies ;) #whynot 😘
My Story and My WHY
After several years of success, progress and great achievements in the advertising world, my whole life stopped for a moment in 2006. I was on my way home from Los Angeles to my family and I was so excited to finally see my parents again. My always loving and supporting mom, and my very ambitious and one-of-a-kind dad were both ready with open arms to welcome me back home.
Unfortunately, that warm welcome never happened. The hug I was expecting from my dad never happened. The affection from his eyes, showing me how proud he was, never happened. The love I felt for him, the new person I have become, I never got to share with him. That day, he disappeared from this planet Earth forever...
My dad died unexpectedly, of a heart attack. No signs in the universe had told me or warned me this was coming... (I know now it was actually a "dark mind" attack as a result of becoming the victim of his negative thinking and the loud inner voice of perceived unworthiness) I didn't have the chance to re-establish our meaningful father-daughter relationship before he passed away. I didn't get to have the feeling of completion, or to re-experience the love or the joy between us. He was my hero, my inspiration, the source of who I was, and he was gone! And so I was lost...
I remember, when I was a little girl, how I would sit on his lap, and he would tell me how I was going to become a very well-educated, confident, successful and powerful woman. Little did I know that those early childhood moments were some of my best memories with him. Later I found out that those were also my earliest, strongest beliefs about my identity, my purpose and my dreams about life which my father programmed deep into my mind. These memories and strong positive beliefs he had installed in me were the reasons why I couldn't connect with the negative thoughts overtook him later in life. I just couldn't accept all that darkness coming from him, who was also the source of my strength, my courage and my wisdom. I was so confused! I loved him but I was also so excited to live my life! So I chose to fight against him and stand for my own freedom, not realizing that the darkness in him was so strong that it would take him away from me...
After my dad passed away, I couldn’t believe how suddenly such a loving heart could stop beating, because of nothing. Because of nothing! Really? How about the fact that he turned into such a critical, angry and miserable man from being my childhood hero? What was that all about??? There had to be a reason! There had to be a solid and valid reason and a logical explanation to all this! And I was determined to find that explanation! So I began searching...
Only to realize that this whole time my fight was not against him; it was against the darkness in him...
So I picked a different fight and named myself "Shiny" to officially declare my new identity, my purpose and my forever mission on this planet, to go all in to BE, to LIVE and to BELIEVE exactly the opposite of that life sucker darkness: the shininess! The undeniable power of our minds and the cosmic wisdom of our hearts, when they're happily coherent together and IN LOVE with each other, as ONE... So here I am, on my life's mission to make your mind and your heart beat as ONE and help you become a forever SHINY ONE!
Growth and Progress in Time
- 2023: Launched the Business Development Mastermind at FORBES Coaches Council
- 2023: Neuro-Shine Technology™ is in 39 countries in 6 continents with 450+ NST coaches
- 2022: ICF Level 1 & 2 Coaching Education Accreditations
- 2021: Received ICF MCC Credential
- 2020: Bought my first condo in US and moved to Miami/Florida
- 2020: Joined HBR (Harvard Business Review) Advisory Council
- 2020: Created Online NLP & Coaching Certification Trainings
- 2019: Received full 60-hour ICF Accreditation as a CCE provider
- 2019: Became an ICF Certified Coach, ACC
- 2019: Be-Live in U is Academy of Neuro-Shine Technology™
- 2018: Global Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- 2017: 40 Under 40 Most Influential Turkish American Award
- 2017: Author of YOU ARE A STAR! SHINE! in US
- 2016: Creator of Neuro-Shine Technology™
- 2016: Official Member of the Forbes Coaches Council
- 2016: Author of YOU ARE A STAR! SHINE! in Turkiye
- 2015: Became a US citizen, changed my legal name to "Shiny"
- 2015: Bought my first condo in Istanbul
- 2015: Made my first "6 figures"
- 2014: CCE Accreditation from ICF (International Coaching Federation) for 30 hours
- 2014: Lead Instructor and Course Author of of Managing Yourself and Others with Emotional Intelligence at UCLAx
- 2013: Master’s degree in Metaphysical Psychology from the University of Metaphysics
- 2012: Lead Instructor of Leadership Communication Strategies at UCLA Extension
- 2011: Licensed Trainer of Neuro Linguistic Programming from Dr. Richard Bandler
- 2011: Created Be-Live in U on 1/1/2011
- 2011: Second Bachelor’s degree in Metaphysics from University of Metaphysics
- 2010: Moved back to Los Angeles for soul searching
- 2009: Executive Leadership Education from Harvard Business School Executive Education in Boston
- 2006: Moved back to Turkey and same night my father passed away and the deep journey within began...
- 2005: Award in General Business Studies Certification with Concentration in Marketing at UCLA Extension
- 2004: Came to US as an Au-Pair
- 2000 - 2010: Marketing and Advertising career at McCann Erickson, Saatchi & Saatchi, Ogilvy & Mather and Chief Marketing Officer at Detur International
- 2000: Graduated METU (MIT of Turkey in Ankara) with BS in International Relations and moved to Istanbul for career
- 1995: High School Valedictorian and Top 100 in University Entrance Exam
- 1979-1995: A little girl with big dreams in Anamur (Mediterranean Turkiye)